Saturday 4 December 2010

I Have A Cunning Plan

“I have a cunning plan.”

“Baldrick! You wouldn’t know a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked upon the harpsichord singing cunning plans are here again.”

OK so that quote might not be word for word accurate, I did Google it and found various versions and I can’t remember which
Blackadder episode it’s in, but it’s still one of my favourite lines from any sit com, even if I can’t repeat it exactly right.

Anyway, point being, I too have a cunning plan, and, because it was constructed from extensive research from those more experienced than me in the field of marathon running, it’s not as ridiculous as
presenting someone in prison with a wooden painted duck as a prop to escape captivity.

What I’m basically saying is, I asked people what my training programme should consist of, and am planning to do as I’m told.

So, injury allowing, and all other wood touching statements in mind, these are the races I’m aiming to run between now and April.

January 2: Tadworth 10
6 weeks to
February 13: Wokingham Half
5 weeks to
March 20: Cranleigh 21
4 weeks to
April 17: London Marathon

In October I did a training run of around 15 miles in 2 hours. If I stay fit and healthy this all looks very achievable.

IF!

No comments:

Post a Comment